American Idol Season Ten
Soooo what did everyone think of last night?
According to The Huffington Post there were 13 percent less viewers than last year. Big surprise. The shark has been jumped last year. I don’t think any amount of pithy colorfully vulgar sayings by Steven Tyler or fake sympathies by J Lo are going to help.
I’m not going to recap it because there are tons of brilliant recaps out there including the one at Top Idol by the ever lovely Melinda Green. I hope you got to see her on MTV’s post-Idol wrap-up show last night? I’m going to just throw out a few impressions of stuff that stood out to me.
– Randy Jackson can speak whole sentences and express logical thoughts. I like this Randy better.
– J Lo wasn’t as bad as I thought she would be. However, as the season drags on I hope she reverts to form. If not it’s going to be one boring long season.
– Was it really necessary to have Greasy McSkeevy Constantine Maroulis open the show for his millisecond of fame whoring?
– Thankfully Steven Tyler hasn’t had any extreme real recent tucks and plumpings. His last few plastic surgeries left the dude looking like a lady-dude. But I don’t see how it’s possible for him to make it through the season without resorting to chemicals. Doing that weekly would sure make me drink like Prohibition is right around the corner and I had a still to finish off.
– Contestants, sort of boring and tended to blend one into the other with the exception of the silly little girl from the Carolinas.
– Same old same old. Whatever happened to shaking things up?
We watched as a family, all four of us, because we love watching the bad auditions. My daughter Laura and I made special cookies for the viewing fun. J Los.
J Lo Cookies (just modified Chocolate Chip recipe. I’d post a picture but I couldn’t find my camera last night)
1 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butternut flavoring
2 2/3 cup flour or for a gluten free cookie use a mixture of almond flour and superfine brown rice flour.
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper (your choice)
1 bag gourmet chocolate chips, some high end brand like Girardelli whatever a rich bitch would use.
1 cup nuts, your choice. We used walnuts.
Beat sugars and butter together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and butternut and mix well. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well until the consistency of chocolate chip cookie dough. Add chips and nuts. Taking your two tablespoons drop two rounded spoonfuls side by side so that as the cookies bake you have two round ass cheeks as one cookie. Bake at 350 degrees until they are as brown as J Lo’s ass. Enjoy.
Remember! Wait for her ass to cool before taking a big bite. They go well with bland white milk.
Tonight’s Idol is from my home town of New Orleans, Louisiana. Ahhh, Nawlins in mid summer sweat, hotter than hot, humidity stuck on stupid high. Tourists fainting left and right in the heat and Idol wanna bes cooking in the summer sun. Between the heat factor, drunkenness, weirdness of the city and the local wackos there should be more fun in tonight’s episode. Bring on Chipcoon! Team Coonass!Uncategorized comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.